Family Law & Divorce Attorneys in Prescott, Arizona
Going through a divorce can be one of life’s most stressful events. Dealing with family law matters, in general, is mentally and emotionally taxing. At Prescott Law Group, PLC, we recognize that your divorce is more than just a legal matter–it is a life crisis. As such, it is crucial that you have an experienced and effective legal team on your side who will provide you with moral support while focusing on results. Working with a responsive divorce attorney in Prescott can ease much of your worry, stress, and fear surrounding these legal proceedings. Whether you are dealing with a divorce, support, or a custody case, it is crucial that you are comfortable working with your attorney, and confident of what they have to offer.
Our family law attorneys work closely with our clients to guide them through the legal process and help them understand what is expected of them. At Prescott Law Group, PLC in Prescott, Arizona, we encourage our clients to work out both custody and visitation issues without lengthy court battles. Being able to handle these matters in a timely manner promotes better long-term relationships between parties and their children. Whether you are going through a divorce, need assistance in handling a custody or support modification, need guidance on another family law matter, our team is available to meet with you and discuss options available for you. Contact our law firm today to see how we can help you.
Family Law Services We Provide
Family law issues are often extremely emotional to deal with. They strike close to the heart and can have a major impact on the lives of both children and their parents. They often change the dynamics of the family and require extensive adjustments for everyone involved. Given how trying these cases can be, the very last thing you need is to stress over is the legal processes. Rather than dealing with family law matters alone, it is crucial that you reach out to a family law attorney in Prescott as soon as possible. Working with a responsive, knowledgeable, and proven legal team can make a world of difference in your ability to protect your legal rights and obtain the outcome you expect for your case.
At Prescott Law Group, PLC, we help our clients achieve desirable custody and support agreements, property divisions, and various other outcomes that reflect their needs and best interests.
Some of the cases we handle for our clients in Prescott, Arizona include:
- Divorce: A divorce in Arizona follows various steps from start to finish. Errors at any stage during the divorce process can delay the filing and ultimately the ruling in your case. Working with a family law attorney in Prescott will provide you with the best chances of protecting your legal rights and best interests.
- The Division of Marital Property: A typical divorce in Arizona follows the 50/50 rule. However, exceptions are made when one spouse has committed a waste of marital assets. There are other circumstances that can determine what share of marital property you receive. Working with a knowledgeable family law attorney will ensure you are in the best position possible to get your fair share of the property.
- Legal Separation: In our state, spouses are able to request a legal separation as an alternative to divorce. These situations typically involve cases where one spouse wants to live separate or the marriage is irretrievably broken. Legal separations are often chosen for religious beliefs, to keep families together legally, or for health insurance purposes. Working with a knowledgeable legal team will help you determine if a divorce or a legal separation is best for you.
- Mediation: Mediation is offered by the superior courts of Arizona. This process, which is authorized under ARS § 12-2238(F), provides parents with the opportunity to meet and discuss visitation, custody, and other family law issues with a neutral party.
- Property Settlement: Property settlement laws in Arizona dictate that all assets and debts acquired during a marriage belong equally to both spouses. However, our state does not require the division of property to be exactly equal. For this reason, it is crucial that you work with a divorce attorney in Prescott who can help to ensure you receive your fair share of the property.
- Spousal Maintenance: In Arizona, spousal maintenance of up to 50% of the length of your marriage. In most cases, calculations are used to determine both the length and the amount of spousal maintenance. Working with a skilled legal team will ensure you are in the best position possible, whether you are paying or receiving spousal maintenance.
- Pre/Post-Nuptial Agreements: A postnuptial agreement is entered into by two people who are married in order to determine the rights to marital property and resolve monetary issues in the case of a separation or divorce. Conversely, pre-nuptials determine the same rights. However, they are created prior to marriage. Our family law attorneys at Prescott Law Group, PLC can help you draft an agreement that best reflects your needs and interests.
- Child Custody: Child custody provides that parents both have a right to reasonable parenting time and frequent contact with their children. Our team can help you achieve a child custody award that ensures a strong and lasting relationship between you and your children.
- Child Support: Awards for child support can be made up to 50% of a parent’s disposable income. These awards can last until the child turns 18.
- Grandparents Rights: Our state provides grandparents with the rights to visitation and custody of their grandchildren under various circumstances. Working with a responsive and knowledgeable family law attorney will ensure you are able to exercise your rights to visit your children as often as possible.
- Termination of Parental Rights: Parents may be able to voluntarily terminate their parental rights in the state of Arizona. The termination of parental rights allows a child to be adopted and terminates the legal rights of a parent to their child indefinitely. This is a permanent decision that has a lasting impact on both a child and their parent. As such, it is crucial to consult with a family law attorney in Prescott to determine if this is an appropriate option for you.
- Enforcement of Custody/Support: If a parent is not following an existing order, our team will help you enforce the arrangements. It is crucial that these orders are followed in order to reflect the best interests of a child. Our team will fight on your behalf to ensure you are able to see your child and receive the financial support needed for their care.
- Juvenile Dependency: Dependency cases are often filed in instances where a child has been abused, neglected, or treated cruelly by a parent or guardian. These cases provide protection for children by making them a ward to the court. These cases can have a major impact on a parent’s legal rights.
If you are dealing with a family law matter, it is crucial that you reach out to our team at Prescott Law Group, PLC as soon as possible. Making sure that you have a trusted and knowledgeable legal team on your side is paramount to ensuring your matters are handled effectively and in a timely manner. The last thing you need is a long, drawn-out, emotion-filled legal battle. Our team has extensive experience handling some of the most complex family law cases in Arizona and we are dedicated to helping you achieve the outcome you expect for your case. Contact our family law attorneys in Prescott to get started now.
How Our Team Can Help You
Working with a knowledgeable family law and divorce attorney in Prescott can provide you with several benefits so you can protect your legal rights by advocating on your behalf. Knowing that you are not alone in handling some of the most challenging legal cases helps to alleviate some of the stress you are forced to endure. Not only do you benefit from having an advocate standing by your side as you go through these life-changing events, but our team at Prescott Law Group, PLC provides assistance with an array of tasks that ensure you are in the best position possible moving forward. Some of the services our Prescott family law attorneys provide for our clients include:
- Answering questions pertaining to family law and domestic relations topics.
- Giving legal advice, providing guidance, and educating our clients to ensure they are fully aware and understand options available to them.
- Drafting pre/post-nuptial agreements and other arrangements to ensure they are enforceable in court.
- Helping with filing for divorce, requesting a legal separation, or petitioning for an annulment, as well as modification of existing orders.
- Responding to requests filed against you in family law matters.
- Negotiating the terms of your divorce, separation, custody, and other actions to ensure they reflect your legal rights and best interests.
- Offering mediation, arbitration, and various other dispute resolution services.
- Assisting with filing and drafting paperwork, responses, petitions, and other documents for your case.
- Litigating on your behalf during divorce proceedings and custody hearings.
- Ensuring your legal rights and best interests are protected every step of the way.
- Attending hearings for child custody, neglect, and dependency.
- Accessing resources and tools necessary to provide you with the best chances of prevailing.
If you are dealing with a family law matter, it is important that you are able to make the best first impression imaginable. In cases like divorce, property division, and initial custody proceedings, you only get one chance to get it right. Working with a skilled legal team will help to ensure you are able to achieve the outcome you desire. Contact our Prescott family law attorneys at Prescott Law Group, PLC today to get started with your case.
Prescott Law Group, PLC Is Here For You
Family law cases can have a major impact on the lives of everyone involved. For this reason, you can benefit immensely by retaining the legal guidance of a skilled and knowledgeable family law attorney in Prescott, Arizona. Whether you are going through a divorce, establishing parentage, setting up or modifying custody, our team at Prescott Law Group, PLC can help you achieve the most desirable outcome for your case. Our team provides free consultations so we can discuss your case and determine the most promising legal approach toward helping you achieve the outcome you desire for your case.
We understand the challenges that spouses and families face during these emotional times. When it comes to family law matters, there is a lot at stake. The outcome of your case can have a substantial impact on your finances and parental rights. With decades of experience, our team strives to protect the legal rights and best interests of our clients from start to finish. Our Arizona family law and divorce attorneys work tirelessly to assist our clients throughout the entire legal process. Our team has the insight, necessary resources, and attention to protect your legal rights on even some of the most complex legal claims. Our family law attorneys in Prescott provide responsive and effective legal guidance, answer questions for our clients, and help educate them surrounding options available to them moving forward. If you have a family law matter that you need assistance with, contact our law firm today at (928) 445-1909.